New Years Eve in Sydney is one of the biggest parties in the world and with such an extensive harbour foreshore we are spoilt for choice for great party locations and vantage points to view the fireworks. Here is a list of events on Sydney Harbour for you to choose from:
1. Sydney Opera House – One of the most iconic places to usher in the New Year is the Sydney Opera House. It’s where all the action is and best of all there’s free and ticketed events!! It is one of the busiest areas so you will need to stake your place early.
2. Hire a boat – With so much happening on Sydney Harbour, the best way to be in the middle of all the action is by getting on a boat. Any Boat has some great deals ranging from $350 to $695 for ticketed events. Otherwise, you can charter out your own private cruise depending on how large your group is.
3. Barangaroo Reserve – You’ll need a picnic rug at this re-vamped site on the Harbour foreshore. This is a ticketed event costing a family (2 Adults + 2 Children) $79.00. This site is alcohol free and you will need to book your tickets early.
4. Hire a sailboat at Lavender Bay – Sailcorp at Lavender Bay has a great range of sailboats that are moored a stone’s throw from Luna Park and the Harbour Bridge. Enjoy an intimate evening with up to 10 friends away from the hustle and bustle of the crowds. At the end of the evening a tender service will bring you back to shore.
5. Mrs Macquaries Point – Another great family friendly vantage point, you will need to get in early to stake your spot. You can buy food and non-alcoholic drinks from numerous kiosks. This site is also free but you will need to have a good plan to get you home.
Whatever it is that you decide, a little bit of planning and organisation now will pay off with a great night in December.